Choosing the right barbell is important, as most of the weight training depends on it.
Depending on the type of training, and the (home) gym you want to create, you can choose between different bars. Barbells are not all the same for men, women, and junior lifters. They vary in weight, diameter, and overall bar length:
- Men’s barbell; weight: 20 kg, length: 2200 mm, diameter: 28 mm
- Women’s barbell; weight: 15 kg, length: 2010 mm , diameter: 25 mm
- Juinor bar: weight: 10 kg, length: 1700mm, diameter: 25 mm
Types of barbells
There are three primary types of barbells available; Olympic WL bars, powerlifting bars, and dual-marked, multi-purpose bars. We can divide barbells according to the types of training.
- Cross training and functional workout
However, there are hybrid barbells that can be used for all these types of sports. These barbells are suitable for the Olympic lifts, cross-training as well as powerlifting and weightlifting.
Important parameters while choosing the right barbell:
- Knurling– Most of the 20 kg barbells have a central knurl, which is not common with 15 kg barbells.
- Elasticity– For example, power bars are very rigid and with little elasticity. On the contrary, the Olympic bars are more elastic.
- Rotation;This describes which component(s) are used to permit the sleeves to freely spin around the shaft. Pay attention to the description of each bar – some use needle bearings, some bushing.
- The classic durable chrome
We offer various barbells with classic chrome coating.
- Cerakote coating allows you to customize your bar with different colors.
This is a Polymer-Ceramic Composite coating. The unique formulation used for Cerakote ceramic coating enhances several physical performance properties including abrasion/wear resistance, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, impact strength, and hardness.
Choose between different colors of cerakote barbells. You can also choose between chrome and black sleeves.
- Cataphoresis – the bar is covered with a technique that is commonly used in the automotive industry to protect the most delicate parts of the car. This means that the barbell will withstand years of training
Take a look at the Made in Europe barbell covered with cataphoresis. It is made out of quality steel with a tensile strength of 180 000 PSI and a load capacity of 450 kg.
Which barbell to choose?
In our collection of barbells, we are sure you will find the one, that will fit perfectly into your training type. If you need some more advice, write us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help you!